Monday, June 12, 2006

Merzbow

Amazon review of Merzbow album..

"When I discovered that Merzbow had collaborated with Mike Patton, I decided that buying of one of his albums was a must-do. I don't think I've ever looked back from there, because Japan's finest and possibly the world's finest noise pioneer is a huge influence on my musical aspirations and my musical tatse. 'Pulse Demon' is just over an hour's worth of cold, harsh electronics which sends the listener into another world of-well, cold, harsh soundscapes. All the various frequencies and sounds collide with one another, causing a calm yet slightly disturbing atmosphere, and the extremity of this c.d is immense. The great thing about this album is that it's not positive nor negative, it's just neutral, and it lets you decide on how you want to feel when listening to this album. If you're offered the chance to see Merzbow then grab it because his live shows are something completely out of this world. Long live Merzbow and the future generation of noise!"

Featured on the Fantastic Noises list.
The Beautiful Noise list sounds cool too.

No comments: