Monday, August 21, 2006

Lupatarkastaja

Hey, I've actually put a new link to a MP3 today on Clik and Lissen. I'll link to it here too in case you're too bleeding lazy to visit my MP3 blog.

Snowblood - “Aubade” "Doom, Slowcore, Sludge"..."I could describe the sound of “Aubade” with a long and nonplussed “fuuu..”...

This MP3 and quote is linked from Lupatarkastaja. Definitely a great MP3 blog. The guy who runs it mind is totally obsessed with Slayer. But he will always pull the cat out of the bag with crazy heavy MP3s. It's not always heavee stuff. A track I downloaded from his blog a few months ago was a hypnotizing rolling Mogwai/Sigur Ros-ish type thing - really well produced and uplifting - by Toman. I'd never heard of them before reading about them on there. Here is the Toman track...

Tomán - “Deportivo” mp3

I'm listening to that Snowblood track above right now and so far it doesn't sound at all "sludge " or "doom". In fact it sounds like the Toman track I was waffling on about just now. Melodic and chilled intro.. Ahaa! I just worked out why it's in that section. It's a "slowcore" track! Super chilled maaaaan. You need to listen to this on your headphones and just wipe out...

No comments: